What is interview transcription?
Interview transcription is the process of recording and converting audio from a conversation during an interview into documented text. This conversation can be between two or more people and completed either in real-time or from a recording. This is helpful for hiring teams to recall key information from the interview, providing a foundation for skills-based interviewing and candidate evaluation.
How to transcribe your interview with Hireguide
1. Create an account with Hireguide to get free interview transcription.
2. Add the position you're hiring for. This helps us organize your interview transcriptions by role.
3. Add the AI notetaker to any video meeting. You can sync your calendar events for automated interview transcription, or manually add a unique notetaker email as a guest to your calendar invite.
4. During the interview, open our live interview guide to capture strengths and concerns with a single click. All of your notes can be exported to share with an ATS or colleagues.
5. Get shareable video and transcripts for each question and answer. The AI notetaker organizes your transcripts and recordings by each interview question and candidate response, making it easy to score and share insights with your team.
Why should you transcribe your interviews?
Accurate interview notes
With interview transcription services, you can automatically record notes during the conversation while staying focused on the candidate. Most transcription services will take the audio of your conversation and transform it into a shareable, saveable text document that you can continuously reference as you interview candidates and make a hiring decision.
Hireguide provides a record of your interview so you can easily reference and compare candidate answers to find your next great hire.
Advanced interview transcription software may use NLP and/or AI to identify key moments in the interview, saving you time that would be spent reviewing notes, watching and re-watching recorded video interviews, or compiling your thoughts on a candidate. You'll be able to review candidates asynchronously with your team by sharing highlights from your interview transcript.
Interview transcription can help you eliminate bias during the candidate selection process. By having a complete recording of the interview, you can reference the transcript as evidence of each candidate’s performance and use it to inform your hiring decision. Transcripts help you establish your hiring decisions based on evidence instead of relying on gut instincts or non job-related information.
At Hireguide, we believe the world is better when hiring is better. Read more about our purpose here.
Having transcribed, documented interviews provides definitive proof should HR investigations arise. Not only does this protect your company, it shows candidates that you are committed to conducting fair interviews.
Free resources for interview transcription
Hireguide helps hiring teams to transcribe interviews for free, using voice transcription technology to help highlight key parts of the interview and convert interview audio to text.
Browse frequently asked questions about our platform.
For more information,